Your browser does not support javascript. Therefore, our website will not work properly. Please consider enabling javascript and/or using a web browser like Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tacky Swag View All

Brilliant. - Tacky Light Tour (Fitted T-Shirt)
You might be tacky if you have a permanent deer decoy that doubles as Rudolph during December.
Read more...

After Christmas shopping

Deals and special pricing on Christmas display products
Harold Jones
Harold Jones
10/13/2011 7:44:48 AM
There are a lot of us that continue to upgrade and expand our displays. The day after Christmas is not the most popular day for people to want to get out and think about next years display. However this could be the best deal for those items that you don't want to spend full price purchasing. Any experences with the day after Christmas shopping?
Kent Vosburg
Kent Vosburg
10/15/2011 4:12:20 PM
Harold Jones wrote:
There are a lot of us that continue to upgrade and expand our displays. The day after Christmas is not the most popular day for people to want to get out and think about next years display. However this could be the best deal for those items that you don't want to spend full price purchasing. Any experences with the day after Christmas shopping?

The day after seems to have lost it's luster in my opinion. At least the local Wal-Marts, Lowe's, and etc have sold out of most of the mini lights in solid colors. I have found better luck in the pre-sales from the lighting dealers such as CDI. Pay half down the first part of the year, and the second half of the money a few months later. Wider selection, and more ability to get what you want, and not what is left on the self. Plus full wave LEDs instead of just halfwave.

Just my opinion
Harold Jones
Harold Jones
10/18/2011 6:23:01 AM
I agree that the selection has been less since the big stores have reduced their inventory but what I look for are the items that add to the display an only cost 75% of the original price. As you indicated, there are other methods of getting the LED's but I have found that by going to various stores I find what I need. It's cheaper for me to purchase the 75% off items as parts for repair of the items that I display. I can afford to toss a string of cheap LED's after a couple of years use when they fail. Threre are the discount stores such as SAM's who have quality LED's at reduced prices but since the recession I have found that the stores are reducing some items prior to Christmas so they won't have them left. I'm always supprised at what I find at bargan prices a week after Christmas. Maybe I just like the treasure hunt.
Kent Vosburg
Kent Vosburg
10/24/2011 8:57:18 AM
I remember when I went to the first after Christmas sale prior to going animated. I picked up a few full flat of lights, and went to the register. The lady at the register gave me a puzzled look, and then stated "you know you can just take a box out of the flat, you don't have to buy the whole thing." Oh I know, I want them ALL. :D

Latest Tacky Listings

5494 Smithy Court

5494 Smithy Court View

2014 100 st.

2014 100 st. View

Happy Lights Ramona

Happy Lights Ramona View

About Tacky Light Tours

A Tacky Light Tour is a trip made with family and friends from one home or business insanely decorated for Christmas to another usually made in a passenger car, but sometimes taken in limousines, vans and tour buses. Traditionally, displays with more than 10,000 Christmas lights qualify to be included among the very best Christmas displays found on the Tacky Light Tour.

Read more about Tacky Light Tours...

Plan Your Tour

Find your favorite Christmas displays using our search features and interactive maps. You will want to check out pictures, videos, dates and details to determine which displays meet your criteria for an awesome display! As a registered user you will be provided the option of selecting your favorite displays which are saved within our system and used to generate custom driving directions for your tour.

Read more detailed directions from our Help section...

Advertising