Tacky Swag View All

I Heart Lights - Tacky Light Tour (Ball Jersey)
You might be tacky if you have a Leg Lamp and Red Rider BB Gun in your window display. I DO!!!
Read more...

Show on TLC

Christmas light enthusiasts in Michigan, USA
Don Crews
Don Crews
12/4/2011 2:47:45 AM
I just watched the show on TLC and i was amazed! So many great displays, and MR. Christmas is so awesome.

One part of the show really got me. It was about the man who lost his father, and his mother loves Christmas so much, and that he go's all out every year for his mom on the Christmas display.

It was a hard to watch part in the show for me. Mom had lost her mother in December 2000. I had lost my father in 2001, and my youngest brother in 2002. My mother just like in the show loved Christmas, as it was the one holiday she loved so much.

I would decorate more and more every year and bring my mom over to my place to put a smile on her face, and to give back to her for all she and my father gave to me when i was younger.

In 2005 i started to switch over to LED lights and she loved how bright the colors are. Sadly she past away in 2006, but every year i add'ed more and more LED's.
I loved to set things up every year as a tribute to my mom, and everyone who loves Christmas time.

I became disabled in 2010 and now live on that wonderful social security monthly payment. All my Christmas stuff is in storage and for the last 2 years, i have not been able to afford to get my Christmas stuff out of storage and so no display last year or this year. I feel so bad, having a 16 year old son and not being able to decorate the house for him or in honor of my mother.

As I'm sharing this story with everyone, I'm not even certain why I'm sharing this.
Maybe it's part of the healing, or maybe it was the part of the show about the son decorating for his mom and how much it meant to him to see her smile.

For everyone who takes the time to decorate every year, i say thank you and keep up the great work! Many people who cannot, love to see the display's every year. And all the hard work that you put in doe's not go unnoticed or appreciated!
Erin Spindler
Erin Spindler
12/4/2011 6:55:28 AM
Sr . That is the most touching story I have ever heard. You had me crying and my wife. I lost my dad in 1999 I wish he was around to see these wonderful displays. Where do you live? Because if you live in Texas I will pay to get your Christmas stuff out of storage and me and my son would come over to decorate your house for Christmas. I feel all the hard work you did for your mom and Dad and put smiles on there faces you and your son deserve to have the same. If you don't live in Texas I am sure we could find someone close to you to help out. Please sign up for the Tacky Light Tour so we could have your info. Thank You.

I just watched the show on TLC and i was amazed! So many great displays, and MR. Christmas is so awesome.

One part of the show really got me. It was about the man who lost his father, and his mother loves Christmas so much, and that he go's all out every year for his mom on the Christmas display.

It was a hard to watch part in the show for me. Mom had lost her mother in December 2000. I had lost my father in 2001, and my youngest brother in 2002. My mother just like in the show loved Christmas, as it was the one holiday she loved so much.

I would decorate more and more every year and bring my mom over to my place to put a smile on her face, and to give back to her for all she and my father gave to me when i was younger.

In 2005 i started to switch over to LED lights and she loved how bright the colors are. Sadly she past away in 2006, but every year i add'ed more and more LED's.
I loved to set things up every year as a tribute to my mom, and everyone who loves Christmas time.

I became disabled in 2010 and now live on that wonderful social security monthly payment. All my Christmas stuff is in storage and for the last 2 years, i have not been able to afford to get my Christmas stuff out of storage and so no display last year or this year. I feel so bad, having a 16 year old son and not being able to decorate the house for him or in honor of my mother.

As I'm sharing this story with everyone, I'm not even certain why I'm sharing this.
Maybe it's part of the healing, or maybe it was the part of the show about the son decorating for his mom and how much it meant to him to see her smile.

For everyone who takes the time to decorate every year, i say thank you and keep up the great work! Many people who cannot, love to see the display's every year. And all the hard work that you put in doe's not go unnoticed or appreciated!
Don Crews
Don Crews
12/9/2011 3:21:09 AM
Erin Spindler wrote:
Sr . That is the most touching story I have ever heard. You had me crying and my wife. I lost my dad in 1999 I wish he was around to see these wonderful displays. Where do you live? Because if you live in Texas I will pay to get your Christmas stuff out of storage and me and my son would come over to decorate your house for Christmas. I feel all the hard work you did for your mom and Dad and put smiles on there faces you and your son deserve to have the same. If you don't live in Texas I am sure we could find someone close to you to help out. Please sign up for the Tacky Light Tour so we could have your info. Thank You.

Thank you Erin. I live in Michigan, Kinda far from Texas. But i bet you got better weather ( Warmer ).
Don Crews
Don Crews
12/13/2011 7:22:24 PM
Erin I was just checking in, and i want to say thank you so much for the offer. That was verry kind of you to make such an offer. I wish more people had your spirit sir! Well i found one stirng of led lights that was still in the house and i put them up! One is better than none,
Merry Christmas you you and your family sir, and thank's again for your offer!
edited by Don Crews on 12/13/2011

Latest Tacky Listings

140 Garson ct

140 Garson ct View

Journey Of Lights

Journey Of Lights View

Mitchell's Christmas Productions

Mitchell's Christmas Productions View

About Tacky Light Tours

A Tacky Light Tour is a trip made with family and friends from one home or business insanely decorated for Christmas to another usually made in a passenger car, but sometimes taken in limousines, vans and tour buses. Traditionally, displays with more than 10,000 Christmas lights qualify to be included among the very best Christmas displays found on the Tacky Light Tour.

Read more about Tacky Light Tours...

Plan Your Tour

Find your favorite Christmas displays using our search features and interactive maps. You will want to check out pictures, videos, dates and details to determine which displays meet your criteria for an awesome display! As a registered user you will be provided the option of selecting your favorite displays which are saved within our system and used to generate custom driving directions for your tour.

Read more detailed directions from our Help section...