Tacky Swag View All

Bulb - Tacky Light Tour (Baseball Cap)
You might be tacky if you incorporate stock car racing or professional wrestling into your Christmas decorations.
Read more...

Why I Recommend Christmas Lights Etc.

Christmas light products
Matt Burgess
Matt Burgess
12/14/2011 1:08:38 PM
This Christmas I had a great experience getting lights from Christmas Lights Etc, and I would like to share a bit about my experience.

In the midst of the busy season for Christmas lighting retailers, I was promptly greeted by a smiling employee within seconds of entering the Christmas Lights Etc headquarters in Alpharetta, Georgia. Even though I knew I was a distraction from the calls and e-mails pouring in to their support staff, they welcomed me into their showroom loaded up with shelving displays of an assortment of Chrismas light strands and a room full of realistic artificial trees from 6-14 feet tall.

The staff at Christmas Lights Etc was so nice and knowledgeable. I must have asked questions about every item I saw, and their answers revealed their intimimate familiarity with each. They even showed me a couple products I had never seen.

LED Snowfall Christmas Light Tubes

Set across their wall of lights were 12" LED light tubes. Inside each the durable tube contained a sequence of cascading led lights. Since I had never seen something like this I couldn't imagine where to use it. They recommended in trees and a light went on. I could easily imagine a large bare or evergreen tree decorated with dripping light. They have them in common colors like white, blue, red and green. Plus, they range from 12" up to 36"! Can you imagine a 36" tube of LED lights?!?

Wide-Angle 5mm Mini Christmas Light Strands

Another new product I found and now love are strands of wide-angle Christmas lights. Your reaction may be like mine: what the heck is a wide-angle Christmas light? Well, it is not a rectangle version of a standard Christmas light like you might expect when comparing new and old television sets. As was explained to me by a Christmas Lights Etc. representative, wide-angle lights have a particular bulb shape that magnifies the light emitted by the same LED found in other bulb shapes. They weren't kidding! I installed several sets of warm white wide-angle lights along with warm white C9 lights, and WOW! The wide-angle lights are noticeably brighter and have a profound pop of light. I highly recommend this new technology!

My entire experience with Christmas Lights Etc. was fantastic! The light I got from them were to replace LED lights from a big box store that rhymes with "gnome repo". Here are some of the differences I noticed between Christmas Lights Etc. and the big box store:
1) Quality: Christmas Lights Etc. lights were solidly assembled, wound tight and consistently colored when the big box store lights weren't.
2) Experts: Christmas Lights Etc. reps answered all my questions and make excellent recommendations when the big box store could not, and they offer ongoing support to existing customers.
3) Fast: Christmas Lights Etc. packaged and delivered my order very fast when checkout at big box stores is oftentimes an obstacle.
4) Technologically Advanced: Christmas Lights Etc. had dozens of products I've never seen at big box stores.
edited by Matt Burgess on 12/14/2011

Latest Tacky Listings

AJ & J's Christmas Light Extravaganza

AJ & J's Christmas Light Extravaganza View

135 cottage street

135 cottage street View

Wallingford Griswolds

Wallingford Griswolds View

About Tacky Light Tours

A Tacky Light Tour is a trip made with family and friends from one home or business insanely decorated for Christmas to another usually made in a passenger car, but sometimes taken in limousines, vans and tour buses. Traditionally, displays with more than 10,000 Christmas lights qualify to be included among the very best Christmas displays found on the Tacky Light Tour.

Read more about Tacky Light Tours...

Plan Your Tour

Find your favorite Christmas displays using our search features and interactive maps. You will want to check out pictures, videos, dates and details to determine which displays meet your criteria for an awesome display! As a registered user you will be provided the option of selecting your favorite displays which are saved within our system and used to generate custom driving directions for your tour.

Read more detailed directions from our Help section...