Tacky Swag View All

I Heart Lights - Tacky Light Tour (Ball Jersey)
You might be tacky if the sputtering of generators and inflatable displays hum the tune of "Grandma Got Ran Over By A Reindeer".
Read more...

Hello From North Georgia

Christmas light enthusiasts in Georgia, USA
Justin Hunt
Justin Hunt
7/12/2011 11:59:54 AM
This will be my first year with an animated display. I have been busy programming and playing and testing. Hopefully I will make a decent show. I can't wait to make my rounds across north georgia to see what everyone else has in store. Merry Christmas everyone!
Darlene Pino
Darlene Pino
7/12/2011 12:07:34 PM
You are always welcome to come down here to Albany. A long drive but we have 5 Animated light shows here at Christmas (we are just one of them, but we like ours the best!) Any time you have a quesiton, just ask.
trevor houdeshell
trevor houdeshell
12/24/2013 9:18:31 PM
I'm in Alpharetta and any tips on makeing arches and makeing a awesome sick nasty light show
Darlene Pino
Darlene Pino
12/25/2013 6:44:33 AM
trevor houdeshell wrote:
I'm in Alpharetta and any tips on makeing arches and makeing a awesome sick nasty light show

For the arches, I'd recommend CCR or CCB. We started out with LEDs and wound them tightly around the pole, making 8 segments on each pole. We quickly changed to the Cosmic Color Ribbons, and it is really Sick! very bright and easy to program. We just tied them on with cable ties. You can do the same with Cosmic Color bulbs if you want. Our arches are made of 10' pvc. We have 4 of them. Everything you do should be in 4, 8, 16, etc. as most music is 4:4 time. That will make your sequencing easier. We use LOR showtime controllers. If you want to learn a lot, study Richard Holdman's videos, and notice the slow fade out of his lights. A quick fade ends up looking like a flash. If you want an awesome show, pick a theme and go with it. As you can afford it, you can change themes from year to year. The LED light strings at Big Lots store are really bright, brighter than the professional ones we have bought, and they are really cheap, but you have to get them the moment they are put on the shelf or you will never get enought. The box say 120 lights. We use them on our Mega Fan and Mega tree. The first time we did it, we got neighbors from the next street over coming to see what it was. With the incandescent lights and regular LEDs, that neighbor didn't even know we were here. I thought that was interesting, since we had sooooo many lights! An awesome effect is having 3 or more light string colors on the same item, such as mini trees, mega tree, icicles on the house. The icicles get the appearance of the house "jumping" when it changes colors. An area where people can walk through the Lighted Arches display is a lot of fun for everyone. You can also build your own toddler train and take the little ones for a ride through your display for a big thrill. You can dress as Santa or an Elf and be the conductor. Study what theme parks do and you will get some great ideas. Just remember don't get cluttered with too much stuff that it is not longer pretty. I hope you had a great year this year and continue to do so in the future. Also, remember you can take time off any time you feel you need to, and just put a lighted sign outside that says, "We are still untangling lights, come back next year." That way the public will know you will do it again next year. If you want heavy traffic, be sure to tell the TV news, radio news, and newspaper. The newspaper usually prints a Christmas light tour of recommended places to go see. Interviews with the Morning Show on TV also helps get the word out. Some people collect for their favorite charity some don't. That is up to you. We have not done that. Just too tired after putting it all up, to do much else. Let me know if you have any specific questions and I'll try to answer them. Be sure to join Planet Christmas as there is tons of information there.

Latest Tacky Listings

1015 5th ave

1015 5th ave View

5504 Huntingwood Dr

5504 Huntingwood Dr View

1307 mtn view st

1307 mtn view st View

About Tacky Light Tours

A Tacky Light Tour is a trip made with family and friends from one home or business insanely decorated for Christmas to another usually made in a passenger car, but sometimes taken in limousines, vans and tour buses. Traditionally, displays with more than 10,000 Christmas lights qualify to be included among the very best Christmas displays found on the Tacky Light Tour.

Read more about Tacky Light Tours...

Plan Your Tour

Find your favorite Christmas displays using our search features and interactive maps. You will want to check out pictures, videos, dates and details to determine which displays meet your criteria for an awesome display! As a registered user you will be provided the option of selecting your favorite displays which are saved within our system and used to generate custom driving directions for your tour.

Read more detailed directions from our Help section...