Tacky Swag View All

I Heart Lights - Tacky Light Tour (Ball Jersey)
You might be tacky if your nativity scene uses a 1985 cabbage patch doll or garbage pal kid as the Baby Jesus.
Read more...

Ideas to Turn on Christmas Lights Quicker

Best practices in setting up a Christmas display
Tacky Light Tour
Tacky Light Tour
7/20/2011 5:57:10 AM
In November, Christmas lighting enthusiasts begin their annual pilgrimage to storage places to unload thousands of Christmas lights, surge protectors, brackets and more. The goal is to move the lights from the dust of storage to electrified on the lawn.

What are the best ideas for expediting the setup process to turn the lights sooner?
Kent Vosburg
Kent Vosburg
7/20/2011 1:41:13 PM
Tacky Light Tour wrote:
In November, Christmas lighting enthusiasts begin their annual pilgrimage to storage places to unload thousands of Christmas lights, surge protectors, brackets and more. The goal is to move the lights from the dust of storage to electrified on the lawn.

What are the best ideas for expediting the setup process to turn the lights sooner?

planning and organization.
I have the layout all worked out. I know what goes where, and in what order. The thing that helps with this is organization while putting stuff away also. I don't group all of the same item together, I group it based on item. Everything for the mega tree is together, All the supplies for the mini tree are together. So I can pull out a tote, and everything for that display item is enclosed, from the extension cords, or ground stakes. A tote for midi tree, a tote for spiral trees, a small tote for candy canes. That way if someone is helping me setup, I can direct them to a tote, and let them setup it up.
William Bottomley
William Bottomley
9/25/2011 7:41:14 AM
November? Well heck. I began that yesterday. But, the only things you see now are pipes, anchors and a few other things.

To help the process go quicker, make all of your props self contained. That means you place them out in the lawn, connect the cord, and presto.

Latest Tacky Listings

1307 mtn view st

1307 mtn view st View

3140 Limerick Lane

3140 Limerick Lane View

5494 Smithy Court

5494 Smithy Court View

About Tacky Light Tours

A Tacky Light Tour is a trip made with family and friends from one home or business insanely decorated for Christmas to another usually made in a passenger car, but sometimes taken in limousines, vans and tour buses. Traditionally, displays with more than 10,000 Christmas lights qualify to be included among the very best Christmas displays found on the Tacky Light Tour.

Read more about Tacky Light Tours...

Plan Your Tour

Find your favorite Christmas displays using our search features and interactive maps. You will want to check out pictures, videos, dates and details to determine which displays meet your criteria for an awesome display! As a registered user you will be provided the option of selecting your favorite displays which are saved within our system and used to generate custom driving directions for your tour.

Read more detailed directions from our Help section...