Tacky Swag View All

Lit. - Tacky Light Tour (T-Shirt)
You might be tacky if that rotating disc inside your power meter picks up enough speed to functions as a circular saw.
Read more...

FM Transmitter

Christmas display accessories
Erin Spindler
Erin Spindler
7/31/2011 5:32:55 AM
I bought the whole house Fm transmitter. I plug it in my lab top and it seems to be not strong enough. I could go into my car in the driveway i could barley hear it. Am i doing something wrong?
Kent Vosburg
Kent Vosburg
8/5/2011 10:08:38 PM
Well, I was hoping someone with a WHT would jump in. I don't have one, nor have I ever used one. Nothing against them, just didn't pop up.
Some things to consider about using any transmitter.

A-connections. Clean and check all the connections
B-Antennae. check the connection, and adjustment dials if present. Keep the antennae away form power cables
C-signal drift. are you really broadcasting on the channel you think. Some transmitters will change the frequency themselves up/down.
D-input/output settings
E- Power. Just because something can be powered by a USB cable does not mean it should. Consider an AC adapter
F-Position Where is it located in relation to other items. If it is behind your computer and sitting on an extension cord you could have a problem. Move it as far away from anything electrical as possible, including the electrical cables in the walls. Place it on a foam type pad if you can.
G- consider making a J Pole antennae.

check, tweak, recheck, tweak, pull some hair out, retweak, have your wife remind you this is fun, retweak, bask in your brilliance when it does work, and you are jamming to Christmas music in August in the street.
edited by Kent Vosburg on 8/5/2011
Erin Spindler
Erin Spindler
8/10/2011 9:34:25 AM
I found out the problem. You have to take the battery out and there is a hidden switch. Had to click the switch down now i have more power. I drove my car around the corner and was able to here the music clear. I feel better now
Kent Vosburg
Kent Vosburg
8/11/2011 8:23:59 AM
congrats on getting it to work right.
Erin Spindler
Erin Spindler
8/11/2011 5:55:55 PM
Kent Vosburg wrote:
congrats on getting it to work right.

Thank You!!

Latest Tacky Listings

140 Garson ct

140 Garson ct View

Journey Of Lights

Journey Of Lights View

Mitchell's Christmas Productions

Mitchell's Christmas Productions View

About Tacky Light Tours

A Tacky Light Tour is a trip made with family and friends from one home or business insanely decorated for Christmas to another usually made in a passenger car, but sometimes taken in limousines, vans and tour buses. Traditionally, displays with more than 10,000 Christmas lights qualify to be included among the very best Christmas displays found on the Tacky Light Tour.

Read more about Tacky Light Tours...

Plan Your Tour

Find your favorite Christmas displays using our search features and interactive maps. You will want to check out pictures, videos, dates and details to determine which displays meet your criteria for an awesome display! As a registered user you will be provided the option of selecting your favorite displays which are saved within our system and used to generate custom driving directions for your tour.

Read more detailed directions from our Help section...