Tacky Swag View All

Bulb - Tacky Light Tour (Baseball Cap)
You might be tacky if the lights on your house are so bright the light sensing timer is tricked into thinking its daytime!
Read more...

From Round Rock Tx

Christmas light enthusiasts in Texas, USA
Erin Spindler
Erin Spindler
7/5/2011 8:02:27 AM
I noticed there are a lot of houses in the Austin, Round Rock area that have Christmas light shows. Who would like to get together and talk about our shows and come up with new idea's. I am new to this, But it is very addicting.I would love to talk to experience people so i could learn more about sequencing to music. I am not sure if i am doing it right. I set up my lights and the show so far looks good to me but i would like to show someone else and get there opinion on it. Please let me know if anyone would like to get together. Thank You Erin From Round Rock Tx
Kent Vosburg
Kent Vosburg
7/5/2011 8:06:21 AM
Erin Spindler wrote:
I noticed there are a lot of houses in the Austin, Round Rock area that have Christmas light shows. Who would like to get together and talk about our shows and come up with new idea's. I am new to this, But it is very addicting.I would love to talk to experience people so i could learn more about sequencing to music. I am not sure if i am doing it right. I set up my lights and the show so far looks good to me but i would like to show someone else and get there opinion on it. Please let me know if anyone would like to get together. Thank You Erin From Round Rock Tx

Hi Erin, and welcome to the madness.
I am no where near Texas, but if you want someone to bounce ideas off of I would be happy to help. I have been using LOR for several years.
Good Luck

Kent
Christmas in Abilene
Abilene, KS
Erin Spindler
Erin Spindler
7/6/2011 10:52:35 AM
Thank You Kent, I have one question. I am in the process of selling my house and buying another. I already have 5 songs done. How do i change everything around to match the new house look? Do i have to do it separately per song or can i take the picture and redo one and copy to the rest of the songs? I am stuck. Thanks for the help
Kent Vosburg
Kent Vosburg
7/6/2011 6:09:45 PM
Erin Spindler wrote:
Thank You Kent, I have one question. I am in the process of selling my house and buying another. I already have 5 songs done. How do i change everything around to match the new house look? Do i have to do it separately per song or can i take the picture and redo one and copy to the rest of the songs? I am stuck. Thanks for the help

You are correct that you can create a new layout. Start with a new sequence. Upload the new pic, and then draw the new lights on top. Once you have everything how you like it then just goto (Pretty Sure it's under) File -> Save Layout. Then you can goto your saved sequences and upload the new layout. Bada Bing, and your in business. I have done this several times, the only confusion is what the menu states. I'm on my wifes laptop so I am unable to check it out at the moment.

Good luck, and happy sequencing.
Kent
John Storms
John Storms
7/17/2011 5:45:27 PM
Also from Round Rock, TX. Had 8 songs last year, now have a bunch more. I have a few channels in S2 that are not mapped to physical channels. I have 2 for background, 2 for foreground, 2 for vocals, 2 for the beat wizard, and 1 for special. I breakdown the song to these channels, then it's pretty easy to map to the elements, and is easier to switch the show up. If you're using the LOR software read up on tracks.
Erin Spindler
Erin Spindler
7/18/2011 8:22:33 AM
Hey John, Thanks for the info. I will read up on that. What show are you? I believe i went to every show in Round Rock last yr. They where all great and was able to get a lot of ideas. I never realized when i received the LOR kit that it was going to be so much work but yet so much fun and addicting.I have a question for you. I purchased some LED lights from Ebay with a controller on the one end. Is it possible to take the controller of and connect an adapter to it so i could plug in multiple lights to it? If this is possible i will buy tons of these lights they look good. Thanks for the help. We should get together some time for a cup of coffee. I would love to talk to someone that is experienced at this and show me new tricks.:}
Erin Spindler
Erin Spindler
7/18/2011 8:32:52 AM
John Storms wrote:
Also from Round Rock, TX. Had 8 songs last year, now have a bunch more. I have a few channels in S2 that are not mapped to physical channels. I have 2 for background, 2 for foreground, 2 for vocals, 2 for the beat wizard, and 1 for special. I breakdown the song to these channels, then it's pretty easy to map to the elements, and is easier to switch the show up. If you're using the LOR software read up on tracks.
Kent Vosburg
Kent Vosburg
7/19/2011 3:12:12 PM
I agree on the tracks, what I ended up doing is making the tracks based on physical location, not on the controller location.

so that my mega tree that is four color... instead of having channel 1 in four different areas, all the colors are next to each other. This was more important when it came to mini trees, and candy canes in my opinion.

Kent
Erin Spindler
Erin Spindler
7/31/2011 2:45:03 PM
There is no one from the Austin area that would like to get together? To share ideas and stuff?
Kent Vosburg
Kent Vosburg
8/5/2011 10:12:58 PM
http://www.lone-star-holidays.com/
I am sure you could find SOMEONE. I was down there last year for a meeting. Sent a message, and found several people to meet up with for lunch one day. They have several gatherings throughout the year.
Erin Spindler
Erin Spindler
8/10/2011 9:22:25 AM
Kent Vosburg wrote:
http://www.lone-star-holidays.com/
I am sure you could find SOMEONE. I was down there last year for a meeting. Sent a message, and found several people to meet up with for lunch one day. They have several gatherings throughout the year.

I will keep trying. I am sure they are not all on here yet for the forums being so new. But they will be sooner than later
Kent Vosburg
Kent Vosburg
8/11/2011 8:25:08 AM
You can also find them on Holiday University.
Erin Spindler
Erin Spindler
8/11/2011 6:13:34 PM
Kent Vosburg wrote:
You can also find them on Holiday University.

I will try that site Thanks
Wesley Willhite
Wesley Willhite
8/26/2011 8:39:34 PM
Erin, you really need to check out www.lone-star-holidays.com.
Like Kent, I am also a member. We have over 400 members and several are in your area.
We had our big annual get together 3 weeks ago with 2 days of classes and a lot of great fellowship.
Membership is free and you can be as active as much or as little as you wish. We have a ton of people with extensive LOR experience who will give you help with your sequencing issues, along with hardware assistance when they can.
Like many of our members, I am learning to build my own controllers, use LightShow Pro, and I am adding led RGB elements.
Also you will find that this group and others are a good source for supplies. We ban together and buy in bulk for major discounts. We also have several members who have gone into business selling parts and supplies at discounts that often make the local retailers look like thieves.
Plus many of us will buy supplies on clearance this year and buy/sell/trade the supplies to other members as cost. I recently bought 3500 white mini lights on white wire for my son’s wedding. I got them from another member for about 70% off of retail. This saved me a minimum of over $100.00.
Good luck this year, Wesley
Erin Spindler
Erin Spindler
8/29/2011 4:45:25 AM
green tom wrote:
Erin, you really need to check out www.lone-star-holidays.com.
Like Kent, I am also a member. We have over 400 members and several are in your area.
We had our big annual get together 3 weeks ago with 2 days of classes and a lot of great fellowship.
Membership is free and you can be as active as much or as little as you wish. We have a ton of people with extensive LOR experience who will give you help with your sequencing issues, along with hardware assistance when they can.
Like many of our members, I am learning to build my own controllers, use LightShow Pro, and I am adding led RGB elements.
Also you will find that this group and others are a good source for supplies. We ban together and buy in bulk for major discounts. We also have several members who have gone into business selling parts and supplies at discounts that often make the local retailers look like thieves.
Plus many of us will buy supplies on clearance this year and buy/sell/trade the supplies to other members as cost. I recently bought 3500 white mini lights on white wire for my son’s wedding. I got them from another member for about 70% off of retail. This saved me a minimum of over $100.00.
Good luck this year, Wesley

HI Tom,
I have joined. Thank You for the info. I have been preparing since January i did not realize that there is so much to do. But good news i am almost done sequencing my last song. Then work on my sign, get more ext cords, need more led for my mini tree's. Then see how everything works. Thank You for the help. I will keep my eye's open for the bulk supplies. I could never have enough. Thanks Again
Erin Spindler
Erin Spindler
12/19/2012 9:08:33 PM
How is everyone doing this yr on there show's? I am doing pretty good I am glad I moved I think my show is way better than last yrs. I need to get more C-9 lights anyone have a great place i could get some? I know After Christmas sales. But went out yesterday to a couple of places and it seems like nobody has lights left. It is crazy. Everyone is selling Christmas stuff at 50% off.
Allison Alerine
Allison Alerine
12/22/2012 4:03:59 PM
I been keeping my eye out for sales as well.. creative displays has started the pre-sale already.. and a few other sites

Latest Tacky Listings

AJ & J's Christmas Light Extravaganza

AJ & J's Christmas Light Extravaganza View

135 cottage street

135 cottage street View

Wallingford Griswolds

Wallingford Griswolds View

About Tacky Light Tours

A Tacky Light Tour is a trip made with family and friends from one home or business insanely decorated for Christmas to another usually made in a passenger car, but sometimes taken in limousines, vans and tour buses. Traditionally, displays with more than 10,000 Christmas lights qualify to be included among the very best Christmas displays found on the Tacky Light Tour.

Read more about Tacky Light Tours...

Plan Your Tour

Find your favorite Christmas displays using our search features and interactive maps. You will want to check out pictures, videos, dates and details to determine which displays meet your criteria for an awesome display! As a registered user you will be provided the option of selecting your favorite displays which are saved within our system and used to generate custom driving directions for your tour.

Read more detailed directions from our Help section...